WHO ARE WE?
- Springvale Lions play as part of the Baseball Victoria Summer League
- The summer season runs from October through March
- We have teams in all three divisions, including
- Women’s Division 1: Top level, state or Australian level players, or young developing players looking to develop their game
- Women’s Division 2: Developing players who are looking for opportunities to learn more about baseball, prepare to move into Division 1, or simply enjoy a social, yet competitive, brand of baseball.
- Women’s Division 3: Social players of any age, young player 13+ who are learning about the game, any age players looking for fun, players looking to learn about the game and develop their skills, could also be looking to develop and move to Division 2
- NOTE: we currently have players from 14 through 50, who all play for various reasons. There is a place for anyone and everyone who just wants to have a go.
WHAT WE DO?
- Games are played on a Saturday’s each week
- Division One game are 3.30pm – 6.00pm
- Division Two and Three play 1.00pm – 3.00pm
- Every second week is played at our home field in Springvale, with away games played at various locations around Victoria
- Training is held on a Tuesday night at the club from 5pm and is not compulsory. Our volunteer coaching staff provide a somewhat structured training session from 6pm through 7.30pm for those interested.
- Players who can arrive at 5pm can work on a variety of skills individually or in smaller groups prior to the structured group training sessions.
- Sometimes trainings are split into various skill levels, other times our trainings are held as a full group to encourage social interaction and also skill development at all levels.
- We have a lot of experienced players who assist with our training sessions in order to pass on their knowledge and experience.
- New players are welcome, please email email@example.com or come down to a training session any Tuesday night.
- We encourage inclusion and diversity and welcome players who have never played before, through to Australian representative players.
- There is a place for everyone.
- If you would prefer not to train, that is fine.
- However, if you are keen to develop their are possibilities for additional training sessions outside of the main training scheduled on Tuesday nights.
- We hold a handful of social functions throughout each season which we encourage players to attend to support our club as a whole
- Our women’s program support our men’s program by assisting once a season each with canteen at a game, and also encourage players to attend men’s games during the season if they have the chance.
SO WHAT NOW?
- THIS YEAR we are starting our PRE-SEASON training early!
- Sessions will run from TUESDAY 17th AUGUST each week, at Springvale Indoor Sports on Springvale Road.
- Cost to attend is $10 to cover court hire.
- New players are welcome to turn up to any pre-season training and have a go! If you love it, stick around, if you don’t, all good and no pressure to turn up again or play a full season.
- IF YOU ARE KEEN TO HAVE A GO, YOU CAN CONTACT US VIA THESE DETAILS:
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 0407 047 476 (Simone)
- FACEBOOK: Find us at ‘Springvale Lions Baseball Club’ and flick us a message!
- Current players please email, sms or call Mandi if you are unavailable. If we havent heard from you we will assume you are available. It is advised that you also let your coach know. Mandi Avent 0414 182 058 or Mandi.email@example.com
- If you are running late on Game day or if something out of the ordinary happens then call your coach first otherwise call Mandi.
|Fixtures Ladders and Game results can be obtained from the Vic Summer League Website by clicking here.|